Apparently, I enjoy being attacked for opinions on browsers....
lynx is the only good browser.
Good things about lynx include:
* It's the most accessible browser and works very well with screen readers.
* You can run it in a terminal.
* No mouse, no problem.
* Low overhead.
* Not linked to crashing my computer.
* Minimal memory leaks
* Automatable - if a wifi hotspot wants regular logins via a browser, you can put it on a chron job.
* It has a limited scope of what it tries to do and does those things well.
I thought, I should not just bullshit. I should be using lynx more. I should log into this very mastodon instance from lynx.
Why the fuck does mastodon not work in lynx? Seriously, it's 90% just fucking text on a page.
Everybody mocked gnu social, but at least it was accessible (and had support for groups)
@celesteh I also just... sortof assumed it would.
@celesteh I haven't used lynx for a few years now, but I do kindof miss it.
@celesteh not gonna lie, I miss gnu social. And I'm not surprised that mastodon doesn't work in lynx. I am disappointed, though.
I ran a gnu social instance. I wish they'd made a plugin for activitypub, but instead it was replaced by pleroma. Small, lighweight, easy to deploy, blocked on sight by many mastodon servers, because eco communist gay furries demand extremely highly-specced servers....
@celesteh have you tried using it with brutaldon?
@paul I don't know what brutaldon is, but I'm not interested in deploying the mastodon server, as it's inexplicably gigantic.
We are a Mastodon instance for LGBT+ and allies! ☺