Warframe is arcane, here's a tutorial on how to beat an early part of the game that you either hated or are currently stuck on
I've finally reached Phobos, after spending literally half a real life year trying to figure out how the hell to scan a cephalon fragment on Mars. I love Warframe, but this is the most ridiculous thing ever.
Allow me to be your *actual* tutorial, because none on YouTube correctly express this situation:
There's one Cephalon Fragment on each map, hidden away, with a few exceptions. We're gonna get you three of em...
Warframe tut cont
1. Grind til you have the upgrade Thief's Wit, then put it up to max rank using the mod machine on your ship, so that you have a loot detection range of +42 on your minimap. This is the only way you'll have even a chance of finding a Fragment, as they are basically impossible to find with your eyes. Thief's Wit's base range is so small that you have to be standing on it to see it, so you need the max rank's +42.
2. Buy Codex Scanners. They're available to obtain for a tiny bit of in-game currency in the market on your ship, grab a dozen - you only need 3, but if you scan the wrong thing, you waste one.
3. Go to the mission "Ara" on Mars.
4. Complete the mission entirely, but don't go to extraction.
5. Go find a Fragment. It looks like a blue splotch of light. On your minimap, which you'll want to be looking at 100% of the time on the full-screen mode ("-" on Switch), it looks like a cluster of blue crystals, together about the size of the extraction symbol.
6. Pull open your inventory (down on Switch), select the Codex scanner with A, zoom in with left trigger, and hold right trigger to scan the Fragment.
7. You should get a dialogue on the top of your screen saying "Mars Found". If you do, leave via extraction!
8. Do Ara again the same way, two more times. Maps are procedurally generated so don't expect your past trips to help you.
9. Once you've done this the full three times, congrats! You did the thing, this Phobos objective should be completed.
I know a lot of people will say that this is nonsense - "You can totally find a Fragment with just your eyes, just look harder!".
My response to that is that I found zero in half a year, and then all three this morning when I thought of fully upgrading Thief's Wit and spamming Ara with my full screen map open.
Maybe people who are as bad at directions as I am will appreciate this method.
[Warframe rant redacted]
@V warframe is p much unplayable imo without a bunch of those kinds of QoL mods on your companion, like animal instinct (the companion equivalent of thiefs wit) and the vacuum mods that give you a wider loot pickup radius
i love it to death but there's no excuse for how impenetrable it is to new players
@velexiraptor Yeah, I just fully upgraded Vacuum on my Shade too and I'm so happy to have it. So, so happy. Finally actually properly enjoying this game.
Nothing about it makes sense, from the way you obtain Warframes to the way you progress. Not until you deep dive in the wiki for an hour and then try to untangle the Christmas lights in your brain to make some sort of sense of all the nonsense. Like, it's secretly a puzzle game, I swear to god. They need to fix this shit.
But it's so fuuunn 😿
@velexiraptor sometimes i think they intentionally make it impossible to understand so that you
1. get artificially stuck and thus spend longer playing the same content, thus getting more hours out of you
2. are forced to join a clan and thus forced to use the social aspects of a game that is technically totally soloable but they don't want that
3. are tricked into thinking you'll never be clever enough to figure out how to get that item you want so you should just pay real money
@V the clan bit really gets me, like, why do they lock essential gameplay and QoL behind membership in a clan? it adds nothing to the experience
@V I think the rail junction mission explains that one spawns per mission? I ended up just teaming up with a stranger to grind out the exterminate mission, where at the end no more enemies will spawn, and just scouring every single room on the map, checking behind every pillar in the loot rooms
We are a Mastodon instance for LGBT+ and alies! ☺